What is there to be afraid of even if the PAP government loses? There are many Singaporeans who can hold the fort, if I can solve the entire UN problems, what is tiny Singapore to me
I will never enter politics, history has taught me never be like President JF Kennedy, and that is not my destiny. I do not minced my words, everything I say will happen as planned according to God’s timing, if my God’s words is forever true eternal, my words is also the same. Contributed by Oogle.
*Is it worth our serious attention this coming election?* Written by Kum Weng Lai
Feel free to share this with your friends and families, and more importantly, those Singaporeans sitting on the fence at the next General Elections: There are many myths about the PAP losing an election. There is much fear about political changes in Singapore. Singaporeans need not worry. The PAP wants you to think it will be the end of the world if they are voted out of power. The end of the world will not come. Do not worry. And this is why.
1) If the PAP loses the election and a new party takes over, its not likely the PAP will be totally gone from the face of S’pore politics. Its likely that the opposition party will win by a slim majority, say 55% of the vote, which will mean that many PAP MPs and Ministers will still retain their constituency and their seats in Parliament.
This is what happened in the case of Taiwan when the KMT were defeated, but they still remained a very prominent party. This will be a comfort to the electorate as they will see many familiar faces, and also to the investment community and to the world. The only difference is that now, the PAP is the opposition party in Parliament.
2) In the event of an election victory to the opposition, it’s not likely that one single Opposition party will win the election. More likely, the PAP will fail to win more than 50% of the seats, and the oppo will have to form a coalition to govern the country. This is where its crucial the oppo start talking to each other NOW. They have to prepare for the contingency that collectively, they may hold more than 50% of the seats and hence they need to negotiate who will get what portfolios and all that stuff.
3) The PAP will tell you the opposition have a lack of quality personnel running for office, and hence are not competent to run the country. Well, can it get any worse now? Does the PAP have personnel so much superior than the opposition ? I can tell u to date, no opposition politicians have lost $90 billion plus of the taxpayer’s money, obliterated S’pore jobs, dramatically increased the price of housing, let in millions of strangers unchecked, let Covid run rampant in the country, etc.
So, if you think the PAP calibre is so much more superior, u are mistaken. I am here to tell you that when the PAP first started, they were novice themselves. They hired professionals like the economist Winsemius, and others to give them advice on the economy, industry, trade, etc. It will be no different if the oppo win. Any expertise they lack, they can always hire. Its no feat of imagination to know that we have to take a totally different direction now for our economy, education system, immigration policy, etc. , and for sure the PAP will not do this as they want things to stay the way it is.
In fact, I believe that many of the opposition leadership are actually quite smart and will turn out to be competent. You cannot tell me that people like Tan Cheng Bock, Lee Hsien Yang, Kenneth Jeyaratnam, etc are worse that Chan Chun Sing, Josephine Teo and Vivian (Lose all our Money on YOG) Balakrishnan. Many more competent people will wait, and join the opposition when they win.
I don’t see why one of the opposition parties cannot offer the post of Minister of Trade and Industry to Sim Wong Hoo or Inderjit Singh for example. Both are proven businessmen, versus the bureaucrats we have now. I am saying there are many competent S’poreans with lots of large scale experience. Many are working overseas, and many are in S’pore. Attracting them back to work for a new govt. to affect a better change might appeal to some of them.
4) The PAP will tell you the whole country will go to hell if they lose. Eg. trains will close down, electricity will be shut off, their normal every day life will be severely disrupted. This is wrong. The PAP does not tell you that they are only a political party. The infrastructure of the country and its civil service belongs to the people of Singapore. Police officers, fireman, hospital staff, etc. are all paid by the government of Singapore, not by the PAP.
Therefore, even if the PAP is not in power, these people will still go to work, and the infrastructure will still carry on no interruption. You will still have light and electricity and water, the schools will be open, teachers will be there, Changi Airport will do business as usual, MRT will run, etc. don’t worry.
5) The PAP will tell you the world investment community will pull out of S’pore if they lose, and the property prices will plunge, etc. Well, business people and MNCs are logical. They will not arbitrarily pull up stakes and move. Look at the Hong Kong example. The country went from one form of democratic government to the exact opposite, which was communism. Did every single big business pull out? No, they adopted a wait and see attitude. This will be what happens in S’pore too. As for the property prices plunging and all that, is it really a bad thing?
I just want to conclude and say that Singaporeans are a tough bunch. We go through National Service, we survive one of the toughest education system in the world, we sacrifice family life every year for reservist training, we are one of the hardest working people in the world (60-70 hour workweeks are not uncommon), we are one of the most educated population in the world, we can put up with many deprivations, etc.
Because of this, I am 100% confident that S’poreans will adjust to and blossom under life without the PAP. They will tough out any changes and emerge stronger than they were.
Do not be afraid my fellow citizens. Change is not easy, But we are at a crossroad now where the existing govt. is not improving the lot of the average Singaporean , but is in fact jeopardising the country. Its time to take action and take our country back. We cannot afford many more years of this government.
IT expert with more than 20 years experience in Multiple OS, Security, Data & Internet ,
Interests include AI and Big Data, Internet and multimedia. An experienced Real Estate agent, Insurance agent, and a Futures trader. I am capable of finding any answers in the world you want as long as there are reports available online for me to do my own research to bring you closest to all the unsolved mysteries in this world, because I can find all the paths to the Truth, and what the Future holds. All I need is to observe, test and probe to research on anything I want, what you need to do will take months to achieve, all I need is a few hours.
View all posts by Gilbert Tan TS