Who is the Singapore Government working for? Themselves or our citizens?
Sent by WhatsApp.
*These are some important issues to ponder before we cast our votes on 10 July*
1) S’pore has one of the highest per capita reserves in the world and yet about 12 to 15% of Singaporeans are living below the poverty level. Disgraceful. S’pore is one of the most expensive cities in the world but our S’pore workers have low wages, forced down by the poorly paid 1.2 million FWs.
2) S’pore per capita GDP in 2019 was 8th highest globally at US$65,977 (higher than in the US, UK, Aust, NZ) but income inequality (measured by gini coefficient) is very high. Chairman & CEO of banks and some GLCs get Wall St salaries in the millions while ordinary workers get Third World salaries. Is the medium household income per member too low vs per capita GDP to build an equal society?
3) The CPF Board is not allowed to carry out it’s fiduciary duties. Why is the Government forcing the CPF to lend our CPF money to the Government at low interest rate to be invested by GIC and Temasek to make huge returns?
4) Why was S’pore public Debt in 2018 so high at S$416 Billion or 113% of GDP?
5) Since GIC and Temasek belong to the people of S’pore, not to the Govt, why only a handful of politicians are privy to their affairs? No transparency. If there is mismanagement how do we ever know? In 2019, the Sovereign Wealth Fund of Norway, with a population like Singapore, made a whopping 19.9% return on investment. Do we know what the GIC and Temasek made in 2019?
5) Why are we the citizens as shareholders not getting an annual report of the GIC and Temasek’s performances nor paid any dividend due to us as the shareholders?
6) Why should a Minister be paid more than the salaries of President Xi, Putin, Modi, Widodo and Duterte combined. Where is the logic?
7) Why have we not elected a President?
8) Why is the President paid more than the salaries of Presidents Xi, Putin, Modi, Macron, Widodo, Duterte, PM of Malaysia, Australia and NZ combined? Where is the logic?
9) Politicians are not civil servants. Why give them up to 8 months in bonuses?
10) Why does an MP get $16,000 a month in allowances apart from their salaries?
11) Why allow a cancer patient only $600 from their own CPF Medsave fund for a scan which costs $1,400?
12) Why keep the CPF money until the owner dies?
13) Why have a COE of $30,000 to $40,000 a car, making its price 5 times more expensive than in Japan or Korea when there is already a quota scheme in place? Why not ballot it like in China?
14) Why are Singaporeans the only people in the world to bear these horrendous car taxes?
15) Why allow GMO food to be sold in S’pore (banned in Japan) when it’s Glyphosate can cause cancer?
16) Why has the Press Freedom Index in S’pore fallen to 158 (catagorized as Black) which is below Malaysia, Indonesia, Rawanda and Uzbekistan?
17) S’pore is a super-aging society with a low Total Fertility Rate. Statistically, our 3.5 million citizen population will drop by one third in the next 50 years if young people cannot afford to get married and have children.
18) If the Spore population is raised to 6.9 millions, then Singaporeans will be the Minority.
19) Will all HDB owners lose their flats when the 99 years lease is up?
20) To create a more equal society will the Ministers donate half their bonuses (up to 8 months) to the poor families in Singapore?
IT expert with more than 20 years experience in Multiple OS, Security, Data & Internet ,
Interests include AI and Big Data, Internet and multimedia. An experienced Real Estate agent, Insurance agent, and a Futures trader. I am capable of finding any answers in the world you want as long as there are reports available online for me to do my own research to bring you closest to all the unsolved mysteries in this world, because I can find all the paths to the Truth, and what the Future holds. All I need is to observe, test and probe to research on anything I want, what you need to do will take months to achieve, all I need is a few hours.
View all posts by Gilbert Tan TS